Friday, October 24, 2008

a different her

This post is dedicated to my best friend, Grizzel.

In the past years I've been with her I haven't seen such a threatening personality. Hence, she's a loving, sweet, and caring lady who only cares about singing, studying, and teaching. We used to sing, play the piano and guitar, and go to church together until she met her special someone. Though it often sinks in to us that their pairing wasn't that acceptable by the public we supported them. Not giving her much ado, she still got hurt. Hurt which is not even meant for her. He's very akin to a sheep but if it hadn't been for my best friend I might never befriend him.

Until the time my best friend confided about her heartaches and sacrifices have I been able to understand her attitude towards him. The question 'How was she able to carry on?' have been cornered on my mind without being able to ask her as she seemed to be freaking out anytime but she was able to handle it. And seriously, I thought she's going to blow when she saw him with the girl. I really pity her that moment. She kept all the rage against them inside and cried for several months until she finally accepted her defeat. She's been battling with her emotions for so long. And I feel very bad being the only person to know all these things yet I haven't had much time to help her move on.

Years have passed and she's still the same. Until I read her blog which surprised me. She's found a place to vent out all her grudges. Her words are full of subdued anger which I guess is the contrary of her blog 'cake and chocolate'. She sounded crushed with her description about herself. That's why I believe that there's no better cure to heartaches but venting out. She loved him so much but they betrayed her . She was deceived by someone she trusted most and a girl whom she thought was a sister to her. I can't blame her. She might not have been the best girlfriend but I'm certain that she gave all her best to make things work. It's just that 'it takes two to tango'.

I had just talked to her on the phone yesterday and she sounded very happy and excited for her upcoming graduation. I'm glad she's moved on. She's been through a lot of things herself and standing still. I salute her. She's one of the bravest person I've known. And truly, a well-educated and matured daughter of God.

No comments: